External dimmer to suit Mean Well “AB” and “B” type drivers
This 1-10V potentiometer allows remote dimming of Mean Well “AB” and “B” type drivers, as well as other drivers that use 1-10V external dimmer wires.
This dimmer is not waterproof.
If a fully water-resistant system is required, then Mean Well “A” type drivers are recommended. “A” type drivers do not have external dimmer wires, but can be dimmed manually with the onboard Voltage (Vo) and/or Current (Io) dials located under the IP65 rubber plugs found on the driver.
NOTE: Some drivers (such as the Mean Well HLG-320H-48AB and all XLG drivers) have only one dial for adjusting the Current (Io). Voltage will adjust automatically and cannot be limited on these drivers.
* From the driver, connect blue wire to postive (+) terminal and white wire to negative (–) terminal – tighten screws.
* Remove black rubber plugs marked Vo (Voltage) and/or Io (Current) and insert a small flat or phillips head screwdriver into the hole.
* Locate internal dial with screwdriver and GENTLY turn clockwise to set maximum voltage and current. Do not force dials!
* If resistance is encountered (hard stop), then dial is set to maximum (clockwise) or minimum (anti-clockwise).
* Once maximum voltage and current are set on the driver, the external dimmer (potentiometer) can now be turned up and down and will not go higher than the master setting – this is how you can safely set the maximum or pre-determined current and/or voltage without exceeding the LED specifications (4.5A on original High Light boards, 5A on High Light 420 boards).
* A common watt/power/wall meter can be used as reference when setting the driver as an alternative to using a multimeter.